Deadline for 2011 grant applications submission – February 25, 2011
In accordance with the Russian Geographical Society’s Development Strategy for 2011-2015, adopted at the 14th Congress of the Russian Geographical Society, priority will be given to grant applications in the following fields:
- Sustainable development of Russian territories;
- Preservation of Russia’s ethnographical and cultural heritage;
- Expeditions and travel projects, complying with the Russian Geographical Society’s aims and objectives;
- Environment and conservation in Russia;
- Support to and promotion of geographical science and research in Russia;
- Eco-geographical education and outreach in Russia;
- History, geography and culture of Russian regions;
- Youth-oriented eco-geographical projects;
- Innovative technology for geographical research.
Applications should be submitted to the Russian Geographical Society’s Executive Directorate at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Society will consider proposals that meet the following requirements:
- The grant’s title must be concise, eye-catching, memorable and convey the essence of the project;
- The proposal must:
- – Provide a detailed description of the project;
- – Demonstrate the timeliness and significance of the project;
- – Clearly outline the expected results;
- – Prove the project’s attractiveness.
- Applications for expedition grants must provide information on the expedition duration, route and goals, as well as contain profiles of the expedition team members;
- The Russian Geographical Society’s 2011 grant programme will provide one-time support to relevant projects. Applications for long-term projects will be considered separately.
For more information, please contact the Russian Geographical Society’s Executive Directorate at email@example.com or by telephone: 8 (800) 700-1845 (calls from Russia); +7-495-933-5055 (international calls). Also you can visit their website here.
Download the application form here.