2nd Symposium on Advances in in Geospatial Technologies for Health and MEDGEO-2013
- August 24 to 30, 2013 in Arlington, VA, USA
The International Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing Working Group on Health of Commission VIII (ISPRS WG VIII/2) is organizing its 2nd Symposium on Advances in Geospatial Technologies for Health. This event is being organized in collaboration with the 5th International Conference on Medical Geology – MEDGEO 2013 scheduled for August 24-30, 2013 in Arlington, Virginia, USA.
The major focus of this event is to contribute to the GEO Health Societal Benefit Area. This joint event will bring together experts from the environmental health science, geoscience and geospatial communities to share their scholarly works and find the future trend of geospatial technology in public health applications.
The symposium topics will include applications of remote sensing and geospatial technologies in the areas of:
- Air Pollution Modeling for Health Impact Studies
- Air-borne, Soil-borne and Water-borne Diseases
- Big-Data Analysis in Public Health Research
- Environmental Public Health Surveillance
- Infectious and Vector-borne Diseases
- Climate Variability and Health
Abstract submission deadline: June 30, 2013
The organizing committee welcomes your attendance. There will be a number of workshops and short courses for young researchers in these fields.
For more information on this symposium, please visit our website: http://www2.isprs.org/