The UCD School of Geography, Planning and Environmental Policy and UCD Earth Institute invite you to participate in the next IGU Urban Commission meeting to be held in Dublin in August this year. Full details are available at the dedicated website: www.igudublin2015.com.
The theme of the Conference is: Urban challenges in a complex world – Resilience, governance and changing urban systems. The conference will combine academic paper sessions with field excursions in Dublin and other Irish cities. A full accompanying persons programme and a post-conference excursion is being offered.
A call for papers on the following topics is now open until Friday 20 February 2015:
- Urban resilience and Environment (special focus for Dublin 2015)
- Technological innovations and creative activities in cities
- Contested Social Spaces
- Creating Sustainability
- Urban Heritage and Conservation
- Urban Governance
- Complex Urban System
- Dilemmas of Aging Cities
- Increasing insecurity
- Friday 20 February 2015 – Deadline for submission of individual abstracts
- Friday 27 March 2015 – Notification of acceptance of abstract and early bird registration closes
- Friday 1 May 2015 – Final registration deadline